Friday, December 18, 2009

O Christmas Tree


We downsized our Christmas tree this year. Living in the tiny apartment really didn't afford a lot of room for a large tree, and after our storage closet was flooded and our tree and many decorations were ruined, I decided to give up the fight and went searching for a tiny tree.
I was able to score one for only $10 - prelit.
I didn't think much about tree downsizing until I saw a link on Indie Fixx today. They too downsized their tree because of space.
It made me wonder who else was downsizing this Christmas.
Once we got the little tree set up, and the decorations on it, it was a little like a Charlie Brown Christmas. We all looked at it, and decided, it really wasn't so bad. We would have had no place to put a big tree in the first place, and my son loves it just the same. I find myself adding a little bit to the decor everyday, to the point, it might topple over.
But it is beautiful, and I'm glad we did it the way we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment